Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sadly Disappointing

Have you ever felt really let down? When you expect somebody to be just as interested in your life as you are but they're just not??? It's always the people who mean the most to you who you want to just hang on every word you say. It doesn't always work that way for me.

Work has really sucked lately. I normally don't think about work when I'm away but sadly that's been very hard lately. I recently got promoted to Office Manager. I went from being just a co-worker, equal to the other employees, to becoming a "higher up" if you will. The sad thing is the office employees still try to view me as just one of them. I'm not saying I'm any better than them by any means. But there is some amount of respect due me just for being the Office Manager and I don't feel I've been getting that respect. For example, when the General Manager leaves out of the office it becomes a sudden zoo around here. Think back to school.... remember when you had a substitute teacher who you felt you could run all over??? I'm the substitute teacher.

Well, I decided to have an office meeting this morning with both myself and the GM overseeing the meeting. These people need to know who the HBIC is! Long story short, the meeting went great (from my perspective at least), maybe not so great for them.

What a relief! Everything is out in the open now. Everybody knows who runs this place, no doubt. Now most of the stress I've been feeling has been lifted off my back!! No more thinking about this place when I'm away!!!! Phew!!!

Then I called my husband to let him know how great the meeting went because I've just got to tell somebody!!!

He's busy watching a movie so he's just gonna call me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment